Monday, July 2, 2012

Cabinet Transformation

So many projects, so little time....and life "happens".  After 12 years in our house, I've finally updated the kitchen cabinets! Being a DIY-er, I just couldn't get comfortable with the idea of spending thousands of dollars on a new kitchen. We've painted the kitchen (twice) and installed bamboo flooring, but the cabinets just never got to the top of the list. This year, I used part of our spring break to "git 'er done". Cue Rustoleum's Cabinet Transformation kit!

The process, while time consuming (5 days - 2 with my wonderful daughter helping full-time), really wasn't that difficult.  If you can apply a smooth coat of paint, you can do this!

Here are the "before" photos:











































AND AFTER!
I used two small Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kits ~$50 each and installed all new cabinet/drawer hardware.





I still need to finish the the countertop bullnose, install the baseboard and paint the doors/trim, but I am loving how the cabinets turned out!
It's so much lighter and brighter.  Sigh....happy girl!


-TracyP

No comments:

Post a Comment